A look behind the scenes at the shiny new Copyblogger.com redesign — and the return of Copyblogger comments!
Today, Copyblogger’s Sonia Simone joins our EVP of Educational Content, Pamela Wilson, and Head of StudioPress Lauren Mancke for a peek behind the curtain at Copyblogger.com.
More specifically, we’re talking about the brand-new site redesign. The new design has been a solid 9 months in the making. (And Pamela is really happy to finally get this baby delivered …)
For a business, smart design goes hand-in-hand with real-world objectives, and that’s the focus of our conversation.
In this 25-minute episode, the team talks about:
- How the new design reflects and serves changes in the business
- Explanations of some of the visual elements that create the new look and feel
- The conversation behind bringing comments back to the site
- Lauren’s thoughts on what to “steal” from the new design
- The tension between being in community and getting work done … (Nope, we didn’t resolve it!)
Listen to Copyblogger FM below ...
The Show Notes
- Pamela’s post on Design Thinking — how design reflects business decisions How to Use an Iterative Loop to Dominate Your Niche
- Our post about Why We’re Removing Comments on Copyblogger
- The announcement post for the new design, with additional features and elements you might want to check out Welcome to the New Copyblogger Website
- Pamela Wilson’s Twitter account: @pamelaiwilson
- Sonia Simone’s Twitter account: @soniasimone
- Lauren Mancke’s Twitter account: @laurenmancke