A look behind the scenes at the shiny new Copyblogger.com redesign — and the return of Copyblogger comments!
This episode is brought to you by StudioPress Sites.
Today, Copyblogger’s Sonia Simone joins our EVP of Educational Content, Pamela Wilson, and Head of StudioPress Lauren Mancke for a peek behind the curtain at Copyblogger.com.
More specifically, we’re talking about the brand-new site redesign. The new design has been a solid 9 months in the making. (And Pamela is really happy to finally get this baby delivered …)
For a business, smart design goes hand-in-hand with real-world objectives, and that’s the focus of our conversation.
In this 25-minute episode, the team talks about:
- How the new design reflects and serves changes in the business
- Explanations of some of the visual elements that create the new look and feel
- The conversation behind bringing comments back to the site
- Lauren’s thoughts on what to “steal” from the new design
- The tension between being in community and getting work done … (Nope, we didn’t resolve it!)
Listen to Copyblogger FM below ...
The Show Notes
- Pamela’s post on Design Thinking — how design reflects business decisions How to Use an Iterative Loop to Dominate Your Niche
- Our post about Why We’re Removing Comments on Copyblogger
- The announcement post for the new design, with additional features and elements you might want to check out Welcome to the New Copyblogger Website
- Pamela Wilson’s Twitter account: @pamelaiwilson
- Sonia Simone’s Twitter account: @soniasimone
- Lauren Mancke’s Twitter account: @laurenmancke