What makes one website highly persuasive and engaging, while others are ignored or quickly abandoned?
If you took a poll asking your site visitors what’s missing from your site, they might not even be able to articulate it. And that’s exactly the point. What influences us isn’t necessarily at our conscious level of experience.
Today, we’ll discuss the 6 elements of a web experience that make a difference at a deep psychological level. My guest is Dr. Susan Weinschenk, a Ph.D. in psychology and an expert in the field of influential digital design. She’s the author of Neuro Web Design: What Makes Them Click and the excellent companion blog.
In this episode Dr. Weinschenk and I discuss:
- The subtle cues site visitors are looking for when they arrive
- How most online decisions are made (it’s not what you think)
- The out-sized power of generosity and asking for small things in return
- The fundamental truths of human nature that prompt immediate action
- The 3 psychological factors that cause people to “click” with you
- Why the way your content is displayed affects your perceived authority
Hit the flash player below to listen now…
Want to discover the smartest ways to mix social media, content marketing, and SEO? We’ve got you covered with Internet Marketing for Smart People. It’s a FREE 20-part course and email newsletter that delivers the techniques and strategies you need to know as an online marketer.
Links from the Show:
About the Author: Brian Clark is founder of Copyblogger and CEO of Copyblogger Media. Get more from Brian on Twitter.