According to this awesome Roland Emmerich documentary I just watched, the world is going to end on December 21, 2012. If John Cusack participates in a Mayan end of days depiction, you know it’s the real deal. Just like Say Anything.
We here at Copyblogger are keeping our heads together in the face of this news and will continue doing our level best to help you accomplish your business goals before the floods arrive and Los Angeles turns into a molten field of flaming limousines.
What better way to start 2011 (and give the fates the finger), than with a handful of useful predictions of our own? It’s time to get to work friends, and here’s a few thoughts on what’s coming up…
In this episode Brian and I discuss:
- Is blogging dead? The definitive answer…
- Why building “an app for that” shouldn’t be your first priority
- How to skip advertising on bus stop benches and get your customers to come to you
- Why the web is no longer merely a stepping stone to “bigger” things
- How to avoid becoming a digital sharecropper
Hit the flash player below to listen now:
Other listening options:
- Click here to download the mp3 | 37.3 MB | 31:05
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
Want to discover the smartest ways to mix social media, content marketing, and SEO? We’ve got you covered with Internet Marketing for Smart People. It’s a FREE 20-part course and email newsletter that delivers the techniques and strategies you need to know as an online marketer.
Links from the Show:
- Content Marketing 101
- Trend Watching: Generation G
- How to Get More Subscribers for Your Email List
- Actually, Blogging *is* Dead
- How to Make Your Website Mobile Friendly (And Keep Your Readers Happy)
About the Author: Robert Bruce is Copyblogger Media’s Chief Copywriter and Resident Recluse.