On this week’s episode we’re going to look at how to craft a high-converting sign-up page for your email newsletter. You’re going to hear tips from conversion experts as well as a Hit Publish Proof segment from someone whose sign-up page converts 15-20 new sign-ups every day.
This episode is brought to you by StudioPress Sites.
For most small to medium online businesses, adding around 100 new people every week into an audience you have direct access to would be valuable. So let’s not hang about shall we?
In this episode we’re asking: What do you promise or talk about so your prospect things ‘yes – I need to be on this list’? Because face it, very few of us wake up wanting to be on a list, but most of us are willing and happy to hand over our emails if we’re getting something great in return.
Tune in to find out …
- The 3 questions you need to ask to know what your potential sign-up is thinking and feeling
- Why you shouldn’t be offering ‘free updates’ (and how to describe the ‘kick’ instead)
- What Jon Nastor does to turn a warm crowd into one that can’t wait to sign-up
- How Andrea Vahl used feedback on a popular blog-post to create a quick and persuasive sign-up incentive
Listen to Hit Publish below ...
The Show Notes
- Michael Aagard’s article and case study on writing high-converting sign-up form copy
- Jon Nastor’s home page sign-up form including his ‘insider’ welcome message
- The long-form blog post Andrea used to create a sign-up incentive
- Want to revisit your own newsletter incentive? Check out this earlier Hit Publish episode with Pamela Wilson