What happens when we become so focused on new social media tactics that we lose sight of our goals?
This episode is brought to you by StudioPress Sites.
We all have a finite amount of time and energy. Every moment that we spend on social media is a moment that we aren’t spending producing our shows.
Should we be spending all of our time on our shows or are we better off using Pareto’s 80/20 Principle, which states that 20% of our efforts gives us 80% of our results? Of course, it depends.
Today we go further than that and help you define a strategy for social media, rather than tactics that could distract you from your larger mission.
In this episode we discuss:
- Jerod’s success with posting his Primility Primer videos to Facebook
- The difference between strategy and tactics
- Why Chris Ducker is going all-in on Periscope (and Michael Hyatt is stopping his daily scopes)
- Why you need a North Star to guide your work
And finally, this week’s podcast recommendation:
Geoff Reese Wake Up Your Why
The Show Notes:
- Jerod’s Primility Primer Facebook experiment
- Join Jonny’s newsletter
- Digital Commerce Institute
- Showrunner.FM, sign up for the email list, learn the four essential elements of a remarkable podcast
- Jerod on Twitter
- Jon on Twitter
Listen, learn, enjoy …
Listen to The Showrunner below ...