A major redesign of your website will typically happen every 2-4 years. In between, it’s a good idea to freshen up your website annually. Small updates can go a long way toward keeping your site feeling like new, and doesn’t have to be expensive or time consuming.
This episode is brought to you by StudioPress Sites.
I look at client websites everyday and I see a lot of the same mistakes being made.
I also hear a lot of rationalization of those bad habits “because so-and-so is doing it so it must be a good idea.” It’s time to break old habits, learn new ones, and give business the website it needs to succeed.
Here are five easy things you can do to improve your website, without breaking the bank or investing an excess of time.
In this 14-minute episode I walk you through:
- The one website element you need to get rid of NOW!
- Where to look for inspiration on freshening up your site
- How to prepare for website disasters
- Where to find resources for your website facelift
- The most important lens through which to look at your website
Listen to Technology Translated below ...
The Show Notes
Audit tools to get you going:
- Open Site Explorer
- Screaming Frog
- Google Page Speed
- Google Webmaster Tools
- WAVE – Website Accessability Evaluation Tool