Award-winning journalist and author, Adam Skolnick, returned to the podcast to get down to brass tacks about his writer’s journey, his new book, and the globetrotting life of a travel writer.
Adam’s first narrative nonfiction book — One Breath: Freediving, Death, and the Quest to Shatter Human Limits — was recently published by Crown Archetype, and it’s based on his award-winning New York Times sports coverage of the death of the greatest American freediver of all time.
One Breath has been compared to other classics of extreme sports journalism — like Jon Krakauer’s Into Thin Air — and early reviews have been very positive.
In addition to his most recent work, Adam is the author and co‐author of 25 Lonely Planet guidebooks, and has written for publications as varied as ESPN.com, Men’s Health, Outside, BBC, Playboy Magazine, and The NY Times.
Join us for this two-part interview.
In Part One of the file Adam Skolnick and I discuss:
- What It’s Like to do Environmental Work with Jack Johnson
- How to Become an Award-Winning Journalist … without Taking a Writing Class
- Why You Should Tell the Stories that Come to You
- Simple Hacks to Help You Beat Writer’s Block
- How Daily Word Counts Can Keep Your Writing on Track
Listen to The Writer Files below ...