The most fascinating news on the internet always seems to find its way into Dave Pell’s carefully curated — and always entertaining — NextDraft email newsletter.
Mr. Pell has turned his addiction for getting the scoop into a vast and loyal following of A-list media heads. He calls NextDraft his “modern-day column,” and the infectious, one-man curation engine is hard to delete (although he believes his friends do it often).
In addition to being a successful venture capitalist, Dave carves out time to do a weekly podcast with veteran journalist Phil Bronstein called What Hurts, a unique blend of “fascinating news and personal angst.”
In this file Dave Pell and I discuss:
- The Downside of Technology
- How to Turn an Addiction to News into an Audience
- Video Game Music as a Productivity Hack
- Why You Should Always Delete Your First Paragraph
- The Real Difference Between Writing and Podcasting
- How Tony Soprano Raised Dave Pell’s Stock
Listen to The Writer Files below ...