Acclaimed horror author — Jonathan Janz — stopped by this week to talk about his passions, his workmanlike process as a writer, and the skeletons in his closet.
Award-winning horror and zombie maestro Brian Keene called Janz, “One of the best writers in modern horror to come along in the last decade.”
In addition to being a multi-genre author, Jonathan leads a double life as a full-time high school educator and family man.
He is the author of nine novels and recently signed an 11-book deal to offer limited-run, collector’s editions of his books.
Jonathan’s tenth novel — Children of the Dark — lands March 15th, 2016, and it has been likened by critics to Stephen King’s work.
Join us for this two-part interview. If you missed the first half you can find it here.
In Part Two of the file Jonathan Janz and I discuss:
- The Faustian Curse of All Talented Writers
- Why Empathy is Crucial to Finding Creative Success
- How Your Success as a Writer Depends on Your Work Ethic
- Why Reading Is Just as Important as Writing
- The Secret to Overcoming Your Terror of the Blank Page
Listen to The Writer Files below ...