Reformed “media manipulator,” proponent of stoic philosophy, expert marketer, and bestselling writer, Ryan Holiday, has accomplished more in ten years than most will in a lifetime. He spoke with Robert Bruce about how he does it …
This episode is brought to you by StudioPress Sites.
Note: This episode contains a few phrases that some may find explicit.
Ryan Holiday has written six bestselling books on topics as diverse as growth hacker marketing, practical stoicism, and the dark arts of the digital media landscape … and his next book — Perennial Seller — will be published in July.
He ran marketing for American Apparel, one of the most notoriously successful brands in modern times, and now runs a thriving marketing shop of his own.
The list of his accomplishments is a lot longer than that, but I think you get the idea.
Oh, and did I mention he’s just 29 years old?
If you’re a fan of The Writer Files, please click subscribe to automatically see new interviews.
In Part One of this file Ryan Holiday and Robert Bruce discuss:
- How Ryan approaches the problem of procrastination
- Where he writes his books and essays
- How writers can compete against the recorded history of … everything
- Media Manipulation in the age of Trump
- His next book Perennial Seller, and why the long game is the only game
Listen to The Writer Files below ...
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- Ryan Holiday
- Trust Me, I’m Lying
- Trust Me, I’m Lying Book Trailer
- Growth Hacker Marketing
- The Daily Stoic
- Perennial Seller
- Ryan Holiday on Twitter
- Robert Bruce on Twitter