In Part Two of this file the multiple bestselling author of five books, including his latest — Real Artists Don’t Starve — Jeff Goins, returned for a special edition of the show to talk with me about “The New Renaissance,” his favorite books on creativity, and busting the commonly held beliefs of artists.
This episode is brought to you by StudioPress Sites.
In addition to being an entrepreneur and speaker, Jeff is a writing and creativity consultant, and his popular blog, Goins, Writer, offers free tips about the writing life.
His podcast, The Portfolio Life, delves into many of the same topics via interviews with entrepreneurs and writers aimed squarely at helping listeners pursue work that matters.
On Jeff’s last visit to the show in 2015, we talked about his bestselling book, The Art of Work, and how to think like a professional writer.
His latest, Real Artists Don’t Starve, “… dismantles the myth that being creative is a hindrance to success …,” and bestselling author Daniel Pink said of the book, “Every entrepreneur, writer, and artist should read this book and take notes.”
Writers, I think you’re going to like this one.
If you’re a fan of The Writer Files, please click subscribe to automatically see new interviews.
If you missed the first half you can find it right here.
In Part Two of this file Jeff Goins and I discuss:
- The secret life of Ernest Hemingway
- Debunking the idea of ‘natural talent’
- Why creatives need to either join a scene or create one
- How the idea of the “starving artist” has been romanticized through the ages
- Why you need to make money to make more and better art
Listen to The Writer Files below ...
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why over 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — just go to StudioPress.com
- How Bestselling Author Jeff Goins Writes: Part One
- How Bestselling Author Daniel Pink Writes
- How Bestselling Author Austin Kleon Writes: Part One
- Jeff Goins author page on Amazon
- Find bonus material for Real Artists Don’t Starve here
- How Russia Recruited Ernest Hemingway
- The Portfolio Life Podcast with Jeff Goins
- Jeff Goins on Medium
- Jeff Goins on Twitter
- Kelton Reid on Twitter