On this episode of Editor-in-Chief, the Editorial Standards series continues with a lesson about correct comma usage.
Commas are often underused or overused. Do you know how to implement the right balance in your writing?
When punctuation marks are used correctly, readers take them for granted — they are merely symbols that seamlessly guide readers through your text.
And there are consequences when punctuation marks are used incorrectly.
In this 14-minute episode, I discuss:
- The art of punctuation
- Why correct comma usage isn’t nit-picky
- How to avoid a jarring experience for your readers
- Three easy-to-remember ways to use a comma
The Show Notes
- How an Editor-in-Chief Creates Editorial Standards, Part One
- How an Editor-in-Chief Creates Editorial Standards, Part Two
- The Anatomy of an Editor-in-Chief of a Digital Business
- An Editor-in-Chief’s Responsibilities in the Digital Age
Coming soon …