ConvertKit founder and CEO, Nathan Barry, returned to the podcast this week and joined host Darrell Vesterfelt to talk about how he got his start, the competitive advantage of email marketing, and the future of email.
Nathan Barry founded his company to help founders, creators, and digital marketers serve their audiences better with email … and earn a living doing it.
ConvertKit is an “email marketing company for creators” that offers its users powerful segmentation and automation tools without a lot of resources to implement.
In this week’s episode Darrell and Nathan dig into email marketing from beginner to advanced, including:
- Nathan’s early views on digital marketing and why his core values haven’t changed
- How to build your audience (the right way)
- Why “Teach everything you know,” and “Work in public,” are still Nathan’s mottos
- The right time to build a product or sell something to your email list
- Why email is still the central hub for building your business
- And best practices for cleaning your list
Listen to Copyblogger FM: Content Marketing, Copywriting, Freelance Writing, and Social Media Marketing below ...
The Show Notes
- Nathan’s Website
- Nathan on Twitter
- The Future Belongs to Creators [Podcast]
- Article: The ladders of wealth creation: a step-by-step roadmap to building wealth
- Article: Endure long enough to get noticed
- Article: Be Everywhere: Building a Profitable BRAND by Thinking Outside the Blog by Pat Flynn
- Darrell on Twitter
- Tim on Twitter
I want to send emails to locals next Income Tax season. I need help on building my email list.
Owner CEL Financial Services
IRS Registered Tax Preparer
Registered bonded California CTEC Tax Preparer