Do the usual “gratitude practices” ever feel formulaic or simplistic to you? Here are some that I’ve found can go a little deeper.
This week as we head toward U.S. Thanksgiving, you’ll see a lot about gratitude around the web. But sometimes gratitude practices can feel like just another obligation. And on those days when we’re not feeling particularly grateful, a “gratitude journal” can feel shallow. Today I talk about a few practices and insights that have worked better for me.
In this 11-minute episode, I talk about:
- “Checklist gratitude” and why I have a hard time with it
- A simple gratitude practice that boosts your confidence (and might even make you more productive)
- Finding gratitude when you’re having a crappy day (or week)
- The gift that difficult times can bring
Listen to Copyblogger FM below ...
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- Author and researcher Dacher Keltner on empathy and power (TEDx video)
- UC Berkeley’s Greater Good Magazine on the trouble with Thanksgiving gratitude
- Dan Sullivan’s blog post on documenting daily “wins” to build confidence
- Lately I’ve been spending more time on LinkedIn @soniasimone — feel free to drop me a question or note there, or right here in the comments 🙂