I don’t believe in predictions. The future isn’t a mystery novel, with carefully selected clues left for us to decipher. But there’s something I do think is useful to watch.
Rather than trying to make predictions, I’m a big fan of looking at significant trends — at watching what’s happening now, and looking for what’s likely to keep happening for a while.
In this 15-minute episode, I talk about:
- What works (and I think will keep working) to help content stand out from the mountain of crap
- Ways to navigate an increasingly fractured culture, and how even a giant brand decides to “take sides”
- The foundations that need to be in place before you start amplifying your message with technology
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- My Copyblogger post on “content shock”
- My Copyblogger post on How to Improve Your Confidence, with thoughts on surviving 2018
- Another Copyblogger post, this one on How to Think Like an Artist to improve your content (and your marketing)
- Brian Clark on speaking directly to your “who,” and being willing to polarize with values
- Coke’s “Pool Boy” ad … showing even a mega brand willing to “take sides” in the culture wars
- Feel free to say hi or ask a question over on LinkedIn @soniasimone — or I always enjoy hearing from you right here in the comments 🙂