Tech and tactics come and go — but storytelling lasts forever. In this episode, Shane Snow and Joe Lazauskas of Contently share their favorite techniques for developing a storytelling edge. (Part 1 of a 2-part episode.)
We all know that stories are powerful — but sometimes it’s hard to know how to tell stories that work in a modern content environment. Shane and Joe from Contently joined Sonia in a wide-ranging conversation, to talk about what might be their favorite topic — how timeless storytelling techniques can benefit 21st-century content.
Rather than cut the conversation artificially short, we’ve broken this into two parts for you.
In this 19-minute episode, Shane and Joe talk about:
- What happens in our brains when we hear a good story
- The 4 elements of great storytelling
- What brands get wrong with storytelling
- The data-driven secret to a breakthrough content strategy
- The simple formula for building an audience that loves you
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- Learn more about Shane and Joe’s new book at TheStorytellingEdge.com
- The HP Dad video is a great example of a powerful story told in an ad (warning: you might cry)
- More details about Alan Gannett’s upcoming book, The Creative Curve
- Feel free to say hi or ask a question over on LinkedIn @soniasimone — or I always enjoy hearing from you right here in the comments 🙂