A business community for the new economy
I had a lot of fun talking with Tara Gentile about her new community for digital business owners. In our 28-minute conversation, we talked about:
- How Tara engineered a community that got past the bias for whining
- The difference between selling education and delivering educational experiences
- Why we all need more people on our “safe space” team
- Why Tara’s community never had a Facebook presence
- The surprising difficulty convincing people to try a free trial
- A resource Tara has coming up on handling money
Disclosures: Tara was nice enough to give me a comp into the site so I could check it out for you guys. We have no other financial or affiliate relationship with CoCommercial.
Note: We apologize for some audio issues on the interview recording.
Listen to Copyblogger FM below ...
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- CoCommercial’s virtual conference on The New Economy and Your Money is coming up on June 1 (the conference is available with a free 30-day trial to the community)
- Tara’s podcast conversation with Gina Bianchini on how social networks need to evolve
- My thoughts on protecting your entrepreneurial confidence
- I’m always happy to see your questions or thoughts on Twitter @soniasimone — or right here in the comments!