Tim Paige is that rarest of creatures: A really good salesperson who understands the people who aren’t (yet).
This week, I was pleased to be able to interview “webinar gun for hire” Tim Paige, to talk about how “normal people” can learn to be genuinely effective at selling.
Tim will be hosting a free workshop with us on ethical, effective selling on Tuesday, May 15 at 12:00 Noon Eastern U.S. Time. You can get details on that here.
In this 27-minute episode, Tim and I talk about:
- Advice for anyone whose lack of selling ability is holding them back from their goals
- How Tim “turned the script on its head” and became a weirdly successful vacuum-cleaner salesman
- Some traditional selling advice you can safely ignore
- Why “good karma” selling can actually work better these days than the high-pressure kind
Listen to Copyblogger FM below ...
The Show Notes
- We’re really excited to have Tim Paige join us this month to teach effective selling! Here’s where you can learn more about the workshop — and the course
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- A Copyblogger post Tim wrote for us on How to reduce audience anxiety (and convert more buyers) on a sales webinar
- A post I wrote asking the question: Do you have to be a soulless shitweasel to be a good salesperson? (The answer is No, of course.)
- Feel free to say hi or ask a question over on LinkedIn @soniasimone — or I always enjoy hearing from you right here in the comments 🙂