The web needs talented writers. So why is it (sometimes) so hard for the best writers to get paid what they’re worth?
There are so many really good writers out there who are thiiiis close to making a great living — they just need to add a couple of readily-learnable skills.
In this 15-minute episode, I talk about:
- Why clients will actually “pay for poetry,” if they understand why they’re doing it
- The crucial insight that anyone in the 21st century needs to understand in order to succeed
- The difference between learning art and learning strategy (you can do both)
- How structures can make any kind of writing more effective
- Getting over the idea that marketing is icky
Listen to Copyblogger FM below ...
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- Our Copyblogger post on the killer and the poet for 2018
- My recent podcast episode on the same topic: Advice for Poets, Advice for Killers
- If you want to work more on the “art” side of your writing, I have some resources for you on the Remarkable Communication blog
- If you need to sharpen up your content goals, check out this post on 10 content marketing goals worth pursuing
- Feel free to say hi or ask a question over on LinkedIn @soniasimone — or I always enjoy hearing from you right here in the comments 🙂