In this episode, we go beyond theoretical concepts and provide practical examples of how to improve the most important page on your website.
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
And in the online world, that means your homepage matters, a lot – from the first few seconds of your site loading to the way you structure every element on the page.
If you are trying to create an exclusive community online for your product or service, then this episode will give you everything you need to make a first impression that matters.
In this episode, Sean Jackson and Jessica Frick go into detail about how to structure the perfect home page including:
- Why the first three seconds matters and what you need to show immediately,
- How to go beyond audience targeting with messaging that makes a difference,
- Why testimonials are crucial and how to obtain them,
- The most important element of the homepage that you must include.
Listen to Members Only below ...
The Show Notes
- Connect with Sean Jackson on LinkedIn
- Follow Sean on Twitter
- Connect with Jessica Frick on LinkedIn
- Follow Jessica on Twitter
You can delete this if you like but let me suggest you do an airtime analysis of which co-host got how many minutes of talking. Sean, dial back the lecturing and relax. I’d like to listen for the content (because it could have an impact on my work)but you’ve almost lost me with presentation issues.
Sean Jackson says
Doug, thanks for the comment. As my co-host, Jess plays the role of the audience, asking me questions that she thinks are relevant to the topic. So in a real sense, she was interviewing me. This is different than the interview we are doing with the former lead kidnapping negotiator for the FBI, that we will be airing next week. So listen to our interview next week and let us know what you think.