If there is one distinction to be made between podcasters that build audiences and those that struggle to get listeners, it would be leveraging the content you create.
You may have heard this called repurposing content, but it’s even more than that. It is how you take your initial podcast and leverage the reach of other platforms to reach many, many more people — with very little extra work.
This gives you leverage on your time, effort, and most importantly your extremely valuable content.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why you need to always think about working smarter, not harder
- How to avoid undervaluing and underutilizing your content
- Why small tweaks to your initial content will help you reach a bigger audience
- What our producer would be telling us if we were on the radio
Our listener question this week is brought to you by The Rainmaker Platform, the complete website solution for content marketers and online entrepreneurs. Find out more and take a free 14-day test drive at Rainmaker.FM/platform.
And this week’s listener question gets curtailed by our lengthy and impassioned main topic discussion. But we do allude to next week’s listener question.
And finally, this week’s podcast recommendation:
Chris Ducker: YouPreneur Podcast
The Show Notes:
- Heil Sound PR40 Package
- Jerod Morris and Brian Clark: Webinar — A Podcast Strategy That Attracts Attention and Builds Your Content Arsenal
- Showrunner.FM, sign up for the email list, learn the four essential elements of a remarkable podcast
- Jerod on Twitter
- Jon on Twitter
Listen, learn, enjoy …
Listen to The Showrunner below ...
Jim Vygovsky says
Hello guys, interesting topic. I’m not close (yet) to audio/video content to repurpose, and I’m wondering if you have published anything about repurposing text content, which my website has a lot.
Hope you can point me to in the right direction,
Brian Clark says
Jim, take a look at My Copyblogger, our library of free ebooks. Every book was created out of blog posts series that we ran years before. We updated the content and changed the format.