What happens when we become so focused on new social media tactics that we lose sight of our goals?
We all have a finite amount of time and energy. Every moment that we spend on social media is a moment that we aren’t spending producing our shows.
Should we be spending all of our time on our shows or are we better off using Pareto’s 80/20 Principle, which states that 20% of our efforts gives us 80% of our results? Of course, it depends.
Today we go further than that and help you define a strategy for social media, rather than tactics that could distract you from your larger mission.
In this episode we discuss:
- Jerod’s success with posting his Primility Primer videos to Facebook
- The difference between strategy and tactics
- Why Chris Ducker is going all-in on Periscope (and Michael Hyatt is stopping his daily scopes)
- Why you need a North Star to guide your work
And finally, this week’s podcast recommendation:
Geoff Reese Wake Up Your Why
The Show Notes:
- Jerod’s Primility Primer Facebook experiment
- Join Jonny’s newsletter
- Digital Commerce Institute
- Showrunner.FM, sign up for the email list, learn the four essential elements of a remarkable podcast
- Jerod on Twitter
- Jon on Twitter
Listen, learn, enjoy …