If you have a WordPress website and are looking to grow your audience through content, then this episode will help. Sonia Simone is one of the most accomplished content marketers in the world, and she stops by to discuss smart, winning content strategies with Sean Jackson.
Here is a quick rundown of what you’ll find in this episode:
- Sonia’s one essential tip for avoiding overwhelm
- The importance of understanding what your website is going to do
- Why marketing matters for all sites, not just websites that are selling stuff
- How your blog can be a tool to create important stepping stones for your audience
- Sean goes “knee-deep”: what is the first step to take when it’s time to start publishing content?
- The evergreen power of simply answering questions
- Why you should think about things you love AND things you hate about your topic
- Are you getting to the point quickly enough? (And doing it simply enough?)
- Why you should never, ever build your online platform on land that is owned by somebody else — but — how you can leverage social media tools to your advantage
Listen to Site Success: Tips for Building Better WordPress Websites below ...
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- The advantages of starting out small
- Beware of Digital Sharecropping
- How to write an About Page
- Marcus Sheridan, “The Sales Lion”
- How to Connect the Dots that Can Make You a Star