We want to prepare for success, and that means being ready to capture subscribers from the first moment such capture is possible — which means from your very first blog post.
And that means you must have two things in place: opt-in forms, so people have the opportunity to subscribe to your email list; and a strong opt-in-incentive, so people have a compelling reason to actually give you their email address.
In this two-part series, I’ll give you advice to help you choose the right kind of opt-in forms for your site, and then combine them with an irresistible opt-in incentive to drive major subscriber growth.
This week, we begin with three questions to help you add the right opt-in forms to your site … without incurring dreaded Google penalties.
Here is a quick rundown of what you’ll find in this episode:
- A quick review of where we are in our journey toward a successful WordPress website.
- An explanation for why opt-in forms are the next logical topic.
- A description of the three types of prospective subscribers your website needs to be catering to.
- Advice to help you avoid being penalized by Google for pop-up ads.
- Ways to reduce friction and fear that will help you maximize subscriber numbers.
Listen to Site Success: Tips for Building Better WordPress Websites below ...
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- 7 Tips for Using Pop-ups Without Harming Your SEO — by Aleh Barysevich, Search Engine Journal
- Intrusive Interstitials: Guidelines To Avoiding Google’s Penalty — by Myriam Jessier, Smashing Magazine