The self-confessed serial entrepreneur, founder of Copyblogger, and CEO of Rainmaker Digital, Brian Clark, stopped by this week to rap with me about his hero’s journey to success, the evolution of blogging and content marketing, and his culpability for the existence of this podcast.
The inaugural guest of The Writer Files is a content marketing trail blazer who launched his one-man blog, Copyblogger.com, in 2006. With a modest investment, no audience, and no connections, he slowly and steadily built it into a vital 8-figure business, and one of “… the most popular [and influential] content marketing and writing blog[s]…” for online writers.
He is considered a top marketing influencer on writing, a “Top 10 Online Marketing Expert,” and one of the “100 Most Influential Online Marketers.” Brian has been featured in over 20 books including Linchpin by Seth Godin, and Free Agent Nation by Daniel Pink.
He is now the CEO of Rainmaker Digital, the digital commerce flagship behind Copyblogger, StudioPress, and Rainmaker Digital Services to name only a few. Brian is also the curator of the personal development newsletter Further, and Unemployable, a podcast and resource for freelancers, consultants, coaches, and like-minded entrepreneurs.
If you’re a fan of The Writer Files, please click subscribe to automatically see new interviews.
In Part One of this file Brian Clark and I discuss:
- How a reformed lawyer became an influential blogger
- The importance of compelling storytelling to successful online content
- The moment Brian realized he was an entrepreneur who could write and not a traditional writer
- How a near death experience led to an enlightening career change
- The birth of content marketing
- How Brian helped grow an online empire without any outside investments or advertising
Listen to The Writer Files below ...
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- Copyblogger.com – Build Your Online Authority with Powerfully Effective Content Marketing
- Brian Clark’s Author Page at Copyblogger
- Further – Achieve Your Goals and Live Your Best Life
- Unemployable – The Solution to Information Overload for Small Business Owners
- Here’s How Brian Clark Writes
- Here’s How Seth Godin Writes
- How Bestselling Author Daniel Pink Writes
- Brian Clark on Twitter
- Kelton Reid on Twitter