In Part Two of this file the self-confessed serial entrepreneur, founder of Copyblogger, and CEO of Rainmaker Digital, Brian Clark, stopped by to rap with me about his journey to success, the evolution of blogging and content marketing, and his culpability for the existence of this podcast.
The inaugural guest of The Writer Files is a content marketing trailblazer who launched his one-man blog, Copyblogger.com, in 2006. With a modest investment, no audience, and no connections, he slowly and steadily built it into a vital 8-figure business, and one of “… the most popular [and influential] content marketing and writing blog[s]…” for online writers.
He is considered a top marketing influencer on writing, a “Top 10 Online Marketing Expert,” and one of the “100 Most Influential Online Marketers.” Brian has been featured in over 20 books including Linchpin by Seth Godin, and Free Agent Nation by Daniel Pink.
He is now the CEO of Rainmaker Digital, the digital commerce flagship behind Copyblogger, StudioPress, and Rainmaker Digital Services to name only a few. Brian is also the curator of the personal development newsletter Further, and Unemployable, a podcast and resource for freelancers, consultants, coaches, and like-minded entrepreneurs.
If you’re a fan of The Writer Files, please click subscribe to automatically see new interviews.
If you missed the first half you can find it right here.
In Part Two of this file Brian Clark and I discuss:
- His recent study of writing & technology including automation and personalization
- Why all writers are somewhat crazy
- Great tricks for jump starting your productivity and beating procrastination
- How Brian invented a deliberate writing style for Copyblogger
- How Brian defines creativity and why you need to expose yourself to great stories
- The most important thing online content writers should study
Listen to The Writer Files below ...
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- Copyblogger.com – Build Your Online Authority with
Powerfully Effective Content Marketing
- Brian Clark’s Author Page at Copyblogger
- Further – Achieve Your Goals and Live Your Best Life
- Unemployable – The Solution to Information Overload for Small Business Owners
- Here’s How Brian Clark Writes
- Unemployable podcast – “Steal Like an Entrepreneur, with Austin Kleon”
- How Bestselling Author Austin Kleon Writes: Part One
- This music production tool is the reason why all new music sounds the same – Shelby Hartman
- Brian Clark on Twitter
- Kelton Reid on Twitter