The multiple award-winning, internationally published author, podcaster, and writing coach, K.M. Weiland, stopped by the show to chat with me about Helping Writers Become Authors, balancing creativity and logic, and beating writer’s block.
As an award-winning author of acclaimed writing guides – including standouts Outlining Your Novel, Structuring Your Novel, and Creating Character Arcs – Ms. Weiland uses part of her writing day to help mentor authors via her online writer’s community.
Her website Helping Writers Become Authors has collected many accolades, including Writer’s Digest “Best Websites for Writers” multiple years running, and nurtures a community of scribes dedicated to helping “… show you how to write your best story — change your life — and astound the world.”
In addition to developing an app for writers, her weekly podcast, and steady social media presence, Katie also somehow finds time to write and self-publish both historical and speculative fiction.
If you’re a fan of The Writer Files, please click subscribe to automatically see new interviews.
In Part One of this file K.M. Weiland and I discuss:
- How sharing her writing journey launched her career as both an author and educator
- What writers need to remember about the intersection of business and art
- Why if you’re going to be a writer … you have to read
- How her routine helps her easily shift gears from fiction to non-fiction
- On Conquering Writer’s Block and Summoning Inspiration
Listen to The Writer Files: Writing, Productivity, Creativity, and Neuroscience below ...
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why over 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — just go to StudioPress.com
- How Award-Winning Author & Educator K.M. Weiland Writes: Part Two
- K.M. Weiland on Amazon
- Helping Writers Become Authors Podcast
– K.M. Weiland
- Outlining Your Novel Workbook Computer Program
- K.M. Weiland on Facebook
- K.M. Weiland on Twitter
- Kelton Reid on Twitter