In Part Two of this file the multiple award-winning, internationally published author, podcaster, and writing coach, K.M. Weiland, stopped by the show to chat with me about Helping Writers Become Authors, balancing creativity and logic, and beating writer’s block.
As an award-winning author of acclaimed writing guides — including standouts Outlining Your Novel, Structuring Your Novel, and Creating Character Arcs — Ms. Weiland uses part of her writing day helping mentor authors via her online writer’s community.
Her website Helping Writers Become Authors has collected many accolades, including Writer’s Digest “Best Websites for Writers” multiple years running, and nurtures a community of scribes dedicated to helping “… show you how to write your best story — change your life — and astound the world.”
In addition to developing an app for writers, her weekly podcast, and steady social media presence, Katie also somehow finds time to write and self-publish both historical and speculative fiction.
If you’re a fan of The Writer Files, please click subscribe to automatically see new interviews.
If you missed the first half you can find it right here.
In Part Two of this file K.M. Weiland and I discuss:
- Her love of Scrivener for taking notes, organizing, and outlining her books
- How writers can combat “internet brain”
- Why tapping into your subconscious is vital for writers
- How to manage your creative energy
- Why writers need tap into their “rascal spirits”
Listen to The Writer Files below ...
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why over 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — just go to StudioPress.com
- Toby Lyles, podcast editor and wizard at TwentyFourSound.com
- How Award-Winning Author & Educator K.M. Weiland Writes: Part One
- K.M. Weiland on Amazon
- Helping Writers Become Authors Podcast
– K.M. Weiland
- Novel Finding: Reading Literary Fiction Improves Empathy
- K.M. Weiland on Facebook
- K.M. Weiland on Twitter
- Kelton Reid on Twitter