In Part Two of this archival file from early 2016, the prolific international bestselling thriller author and self-publishing advocate, Mark Dawson, rapped with me about self-publishing versus traditional publishing, and the productivity hacks that have helped him publish over 30 books.
Mr. Dawson’s multiple thriller series, self-publishing savvy, and an impressive email list of over 100,000 subscribers, have all helped him to build a large audience of loyal readers and unparalleled success.
In addition to international bestsellers, and stellar ratings from fans, Mark has become an indie author advocate and online marketing authority for writers.
If you’re a fan of The Writer Files, please click subscribe to automatically see new interviews.
Join us for this two-part interview. If you missed the first half you can find it here.
In Part Two of the file Mark Dawson and I discuss:
- How an 80s tv show can inspire your writing
- Why great writers have to understand story first
- How to write page-turning fiction
- Why you should leave out the parts that readers skip
- And best practices for new writers
Listen to The Writer Files: Writing, Productivity, Creativity, and Neuroscience below ...
The Show Notes
- Writers: Boost your credentials and visibility as a content marketer by becoming Copyblogger Certified. Learn more about the program here.
- How Bestselling Self-Published Author Mark Dawson Writes: Part One
- Amazon Pays $450,000 A Year To This Self-Published Writer
- Kelton Reid on Twitter
The honesty! So refreshing. Delighted to have finally found this podcast.
Kelton Reid says
Thank you! Happy you found us 😉