In this special edition of the show we’re shining the light on freelance writers out there who are making it happen as professional online content creators. These are scribes who have found success — and a very good living — doing what they love … writing and helping others achieve success.
In full disclosure, the two writers I’m highlighting in this show, Mark Crosling and Aaron Wrixon, are online content creators and strategists who both run profitable freelance writing businesses.
The other thing they have in common, though they came to professional writing from very different paths, is that both writers graduated from Copyblogger’s Certified Content Marketer Training Course (a program that makes this show possible).
The program is usually closed, but it reopens periodically for a short time to invite new classes of students into the course. If you’re interested in learning more you can simply head over to the Certified Content Marketer training program and get your name on the list.
If you’re a fan of The Writer Files, please click subscribe to automatically see new interviews.
My first guest is serial entrepreneur, copywriter, content marketer, and founder of StrategicContent.co, Mark Crosling, who offers content creation, social, and search strategy services. His business credo is “All roads lead to your inbox.”
Mark has founded numerous start-ups — four of which became stock exchange listed companies — he has an MBA from the University of New South Wales, and is a Certified Content Marketer through the Copyblogger Certification Program.
In this segment Mark Crosling and I discuss:
- A look at the inner workings of the digital commerce ecosystem
- How to find a holistic approach to online marketing
- Why copywriters are the stonemasons of the digital age
- The upcoming voice search revolution for online writers
- How to get completely aligned with your audience
My second guest is the content maestro and journeyman Aaron Wrixon, of Wrixon.com, who specializes in content marketing services for web agencies and their clients. His business slogan is, “Repeatable process. Repeatable results.”
He has over 20 years experience in technical and online content writing, with over five million words and hundreds of projects in dozens of industries under his belt. He is also a Copyblogger Certified Content Marketer.
In this segment Aaron Wrixon and I discuss:
- How to make a living as a writer without hitting the bestseller lists
- The timing and determination required to find a fulfilling freelance career
- Why there’s no bad time to become an online content creator
- The writer’s unique content creation framework for success
- Why so many online writer’s struggle with the “Systine Chapel” effect
Listen to The Writer Files: Writing, Productivity, Creativity, and Neuroscience below ...
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why over 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — just go to StudioPress.com
- Copyblogger’s Certified Content Marketer training is a powerful program that helps writers attract better clients — and more of them. New students will be able to sign up for a limited time soon. Add your name to join the waitlist and to get all of the details when they’re available.
- How to Make a Living as a Pro Content Writer: Part Two
- StrategicContent.co – Mark Crosling
- Mark Crosling on Twitter
- Freelance Writers Share the Surprising Keys to Their Successful Careers
- Wrixon.com – Aaron Wrixon
- Aaron’s BRAVER content framework
- Profitable Writers Demonstrate How to Prosper from Your Words
- Kelton Reid on Twitter