Welcome to a double-stuffed episode of the show with the Editor-in-Chief of Copyblogger, my colleague and friend, Stefanie Flaxman, who stopped by this week to rap with me about her journey from solopreneur to headline honcho, the rules of “ruthless editing,” her philosophy of creativity, and much more.
Stef is a professional writer and editor who manages the editorial team for Copyblogger.com, where she helps publish one of “… the most popular [and influential] content marketing and writing blog[s]…” available, for a very large audience of online writers.
[Incidentally Copyblogger is the reason The Writer Files exists and where the written series was started.]
A long-time contributor to the Copyblogger community, she officially joined the team in 2014 with a mission to help ensure stringent editorial standards, and create content aimed at helping fellow entrepreneurs stand out from the competition.
Ms. Flaxman’s weekly podcast, Editor-in-Chief (2015-2016), delivered her signature “… art of writing, updated for marketing in the digital age, to help you become the Editor-in-Chief of your own digital business.”
Before Copyblogger, Stef ran her own online writing and editing shop, Revision Fairy, which she started in 2008. She has also done stints as the West Coast Office Manager for Mediabistro and an editor for PR Newswire.
If you’re a fan of The Writer Files, please click subscribe to automatically see new interviews.
In Part One of this file Stefanie Flaxman and I discuss:
- Her early exposure to journalism and unique path to a career in writing and editing
- How her discovery of Brian Clark’s trailblazing blog helped take her own business to the next level
- Why great things happen when you make yourself vulnerable
- How Stef became a true “triple threat” in her field
- Why you should write every day no matter how busy you are
- How to incorporate balance and philosophy into your content mindset
Listen to The Writer Files: Writing, Productivity, Creativity, and Neuroscience below ...
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- How Copyblogger’s Editor-in-Chief Stefanie Flaxman Writes: Part Two
- Copyblogger.com – Build Your Online Authority with
Powerfully Effective Content Marketing
- Stefanie Flaxman’s Author Page at Copyblogger
- Editor-in-Chief podcast archive
- Revision Fairy – Stef’s Website
- How Chief Content Officer Sonia Simone Writes
- Behind the Scenes: How ‘The Writer Files’ Is Produced w/ Robert Bruce
- Kelton Reid on Twitter
Leave a Reply