In Part Two of this file the prolific, bestselling author of the paranormal and dark fantasy, Steff Green, returned to talk with me about overcoming rejection, perseverance, her inspiring journey from copywriter to bestseller, and her advice to fellow scribes who may be facing adversity.
Steff Green is a New Zealander who is a fervent self-publishing advocate, public speaker, and a legally blind writer who has turned her disability into a superpower to self-publish 24 books and counting.
She has topped the USA Today bestsellers list writing paranormal romance under the pen name, Steffanie Holmes, and is also the author of six dark fantasy books under the name S C Green.
Steff received both the 2017 Attitude Award for Artistic Achievement, and was a finalist for the 2018 Women of Influence award.
She recently launched a successful crowdfunding campaign to raise interest and awareness for an anti-bullying storybook for kids that caught the eye of traditional publishing.
That book, “Written and illustrated by two artists who were victims of bullying themselves, Only Freaks Turn Things Into Bones uses darkly gothic humour to address the very real issue of being different.”
Join us for this two-part interview. If you missed the first half you can find it here.
If you’re a fan of The Writer Files, please click subscribe to automatically see new interviews.
In Part Two of the file Steff Green and I discuss:
- Her simple yet effective workflow and organizational hacks
- Why curiosity is a synonym for creativity
- What motivates the author to write 20,000 words in just a few days
- Jack London’s timeless and moving credo
- How to read an ebook … with your nose
- And why we need to remember why we’re doing this crazy thing called writing
Listen to The Writer Files: Writing, Productivity, Creativity, and Neuroscience below ...
The Show Notes
- Copyblogger’s first persuasive copywriting course — coming this autumn
- How Bestselling Self-Published Author Steff Green Writes: Part One
- Steff Green’s author website
- Only Freaks Turn Things Into Bones – Steff Green
- Story behind the crowdfunding of Only Freaks Turn Things Into Bones
- Blind and bullied, now a bestselling author: Steff Green’s next book is personal
- Steff Green on Twitter
- Kelton Reid on Twitter