National bestselling poet — Tyler Knott Gregson — visited the podcast to discuss his writing process and his journey to finding success.
The New York Times called Mr. Gregson “the literary equivalent of a unicorn: a best-selling celebrity poet.” His latest collection recently “… hit No. 3 on Nielsen’s top 10 best-selling poetry titles, ahead of Dante, Homer, Seamus Heaney and Khalil Gibran.”
The author is also a professional photographer and multimedia artist who started his writing career as a humble freelance copywriter.
His love of words, vintage typewriters, and photography have combined to inspire a new digital art form.
Tyler boasts over 500,000 social media followers that have translated into two bestselling volumes of poetry with a third on the way.
In this file, Tyler Knott Gregson and I discuss:
- Literary Unicorns and Celebrity Poets
- How a Hobby Turned into a Bestselling Book
- The Impostor Syndrome that Comes with Finding Success as a Writer
- Upcycled Art and the Hybrid Digital-Analog Revolution
- How a Daily Writing Practice Really Adds Up
- Why Nature is the Greatest Creative Muse in History
Listen to The Writer Files: Writing, Productivity, Creativity, and Neuroscience below ...