All hyperbole aside, season two of the Internet Marketing for Smart People radio show kicks off with author, entrepreneur, and prolific blogger Seth Godin.
A lot has changed since Seth pioneered effective email marketing in the mid 90s. And he set the standard for many of us when he switched to blogging over a decade ago.
But perhaps the most striking changes have rolled over the book publishing industry — an inevitability Seth foresaw even as he cranked out one best seller after another.
Today, you’ll hear about all of that, and much more.
In this episode Seth Godin and I discuss:
- How Seth writes (kinda, well, you’ll see…)
- Why Seth’s blogging style is totally irrelevant to your blogging success
- Is the traditional business book still relevant?
- Are rich, interactive eBooks better than text-only eBooks?
- Why The Domino Project is only publishing short manifestos
- Seth’s simple advice for writers struggling to ship
- Why now is the time to do something that matters
Hit the flash player below to listen now:
Other listening options:
- Click here to download the mp3 | 30.8 MB | 25:38
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
- Click here for the show archive
The Show Notes:
- This eBook isn’t Free
- Seth Godin’s Blog
- The Domino Project
- Tom Peters
- Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
- Our Choice by Al Gore
- How to Play Bass
- And a big thanks to Girl Talk…
About the Author: Brian Clark is founder of Copyblogger and CEO of Copyblogger Media. Get more from Brian on Google+.