On this inaugural episode of Rainmaker Rewind, Brian Clark chats with host Sonia Simone on Copyblogger.FM about digital commerce predictions, digital business, and resources for digital entrepreneurs.
Digital commerce is a rising buzzword around the web — and with that, we’re offering an expansive set of new resources for digital business owners. What do we need to know about d-commerce in 2016?
Today, Sonia talks d-commerce predictions and trends with Rainmaker Digital CEO (and Copyblogger founder) Brian Clark.
Digital commerce has gone from somewhat weird (and occasionally shady) beginnings to commercial juggernaut.
With the annual sale of ebooks at more than $5 billion, and digital education topping $15 billion a year, digital business has transcended its “make money online” beginnings to become genuinely mainstream — and offer lots more opportunities for entrepreneurs.
In this 24-minute episode, Brian and Sonia talk about:
- What exactly is “d-commerce” anyway?
- The weird past and bright future of the purely digital business
- How small digital companies can compete with massive players like Amazon or Lynda.com
- Our new collection of resources for digital entrepreneurs
- The most important success factor for digital business owners
If you liked this episode, be sure to subscribe to Copyblogger.FM on iTunes!
Listen to Rainmaker Rewind below ...
The Show Notes
- Brian and Sonia’s original conversation on Copyblogger.FM
- The new Digital Commerce Institute offers education and resources for anyone who wants to know more about d-commerce
- Want to attend our live event in October? (We’d love to meet you there!) Get the details for the Digital Commerce Summit
- Brian’s podcast about The Digital Entrepreneur
- Brian’s interview with Digital Photography School’s Darren Rowse (of Problogger fame) on The Intersection of Blogging and Digital Commerce
- Sonia’s Copyblogger post on finding your Unique Selling Proposition — crucial to any business, but especially important if you have strong competitors