Peter Van Steemburg of ICM Partners and Crystal Orren of Well Go USA Entertainment market movies in an increasingly chaotic marketplace.
Peter Van Steemburg is with ICM Partners’ International and Independent Film department, matching filmmakers and distributors. ICM Partners is one of the world’s largest talent and literary agencies with offices in New York, Los Angeles, and London. The agency represents creative and technical talent in the fields of motion picture, television, books, music, live performance, branded entertainment, and new media. Prior to that, he was VP of Acquisitions for Magnolia and Magnet Releasing.
Crystal Orren manages publicity and communications for Well Go USA Entertainment, a theatrical and home entertainment distribution label that specializes in bringing Action, Genre, and Independent films from the US and around the world, to North America, Latin America, Asia, and Europe. (And yes, she happens to be married to your host.)
In this thirty minute episode, Peter, Crystal and I discuss:
- How a marketer campaigns disparate products (like films) while still supporting the parent brand
- How the digital disruption that has swept all media is changing the film business
- What makes a film salable
- How to get into film marketing
- The priority of the many different distribution channels for a film