What’s the best way to handle overwhelm, especially when it comes with a side of procrastination?
Note: If you want to know more about the upcoming Creative Content Foundations class, you can drop your details here:
Lots of us (most of us?) have big, challenging projects that we want to make happen. But dreaming and doing aren’t always the same.
In this 17-minute episode, I talk about:
- Some thoughts on getting out of our comfort zone — without freaking out
- The most helpful mindset for success
- Why beating ourselves up can make us less productive
- Why self care isn’t the same as self indulgence
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- Here’s where you can find out more about the upcoming Creative Content Foundations course
- More about Carol Dweck’s research and book on Mindset
- Henneke’s lovely post on How to improve your writing skills without getting frustated
- Michael Wohl’s study on college students, procrastination, and self forgiveness
- You might also like my earlier CopybloggerFM episode on mindset “hacks” that actually work (includes a discussion of fixed and growth mindset)
- Feel free to say hi or ask a question over on LinkedIn @soniasimone — or I always enjoy hearing from you right here in the comments 🙂