What’s the best way to handle overwhelm, especially when it comes with a side of procrastination?
Note: If you want to know more about the upcoming Creative Content Foundations class, you can drop your details here:
Creative Content Foundations interest list
Lots of us (most of us?) have big, challenging projects that we want to make happen. But dreaming and doing aren’t always the same.
In this 17-minute episode, I talk about:
- Some thoughts on getting out of our comfort zone — without freaking out
- The most helpful mindset for success
- Why beating ourselves up can make us less productive
- Why self care isn’t the same as self indulgence
Listen to Copyblogger FM: Content Marketing, Copywriting, Freelance Writing, and Social Media Marketing below ...
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- Here’s where you can find out more about the upcoming Creative Content Foundations course
- More about Carol Dweck’s research and book on Mindset
- Henneke’s lovely post on How to improve your writing skills without getting frustated
- Michael Wohl’s study on college students, procrastination, and self forgiveness
- You might also like my earlier CopybloggerFM episode on mindset “hacks” that actually work (includes a discussion of fixed and growth mindset)
- Feel free to say hi or ask a question over on LinkedIn @soniasimone — or I always enjoy hearing from you right here in the comments 🙂
Freddy G. Cabrera says
Getting out of your comfort zone is the only way to grow and evolve. There is no doubt about it.
No pain no gain.
You have to do something you have never done in order to get something you’ve never got. I heard this from multiple successful people. There has to be some truth about the quote, right.
You have to push yourself to take risks and just go for it. This is how you learn and this is how you truly grow and get to another level.
Thank you for sharing this helpful podcast show! 🙂
Have a nice week! 😀