Given everyone’s crowded inboxes and fragmented attention spans — what’s the best way to reach people?
Content and permission marketing have been a wonderful development. It’s great to be able to connect with audiences instead of just interrupting people.
But what happens when attention spans are so fragmented that people have a hard time tracking anything, including the things they really want to give their attention to?
In this 17-minute episode, I talk about:
- What’s going on with chatbots and Facebook Messenger
- Why “one is the worst number in business,” and some thoughts on fixing that
- My thoughts on “being a good Girl Scout” (even if you’re a dude)
- Facebook, honey badger, and surviving other people’s algorithms
- My recommendations on what will make email work in the ultra-cluttered inbox
Listen to Copyblogger FM below ...
The Show Notes
- ConvertKit is Copyblogger’s new email marketing partner — stay tuned to the blog and this podcast to learn more about why we’re such big fans.
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- ManyChat’s post about the Facebook Messenger “pause”
- My thoughts on why chatbots are worth a look
- Feel free to say hi or ask a question over on LinkedIn @soniasimone — or I always enjoy hearing from you right here in the comments 🙂