Is your fear of selling keeping you from where you want to go?
Selling is part of business — but it makes a lot of us nervous (especially writers, I’ve noticed). I think that’s because we have skewed “Glengarry Glen Ross” ideas about what effective selling truly looks like, and we don’t understand the structures that pave the way to a sale.
In this 23-minute episode, I talk about:
- The myth of “selling ice to Eskimos”
- The single factor that makes most of the difference when you’re trying to sell
- Why people don’t buy, and what to do about that
- The mechanics of selling
- What to do when you’ve made the offer and they don’t pick it up
Listen to Copyblogger FM below ...
The Show Notes
Important: Our Certified Content Marketer program typically opens only once or twice a year. If you’re interested in getting involved, get your name on the interest list right away by dropping your email here: Copyblogger’s Certified Content Marketers
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- My Copyblogger post on What Effective Selling Looks Like
- Some thoughts on emotional benefits in copywriting …
- … as well as logical benefits that close the sale
- One of the more important “mechanics” of selling with words is the Call to Action
- Beth Hayden’s recent post on writing well-converting sales pages
- I’m always happy to see your questions or thoughts on Twitter @soniasimone — or right here in the comments!
- Here’s the link one more time to learn more about our Copyblogger’s Certified Content Marketers