It was an unbearably hot night. In a run-down apartment in the seediest neighborhood of Hollywood, the gift shop manager flicked on the discount computer his dad had just bought him.
He started typing.
A small email list of friends grew to a thousand, then ten thousand, then one hundred thousand. A few months later he cobbled together a simple website.
A few years later, he was an international icon.
Regardless of your opinions of Matt Drudge, he became a contemporary hero of trust, authority and social proof — to his readers. He used atomic headlines and the art of the link. He got some action. By mastering the basic principles of direct response copywriting, you can too.
In this episode Brian Clark and I discuss:
- The rock-solid path to building a successful online business
- Why brand advertising will crush your business
- Who can change the course of your marketing and how to reach them
- The two most important responses you should be obsessing over
- How to stop chasing customers, and get them running to you
- What to do if all you have is sweat and time
Hit the flash player below to listen now…
Want to discover the smartest ways to mix social media, content marketing, and SEO? We’ve got you covered with Internet Marketing for Smart People. It’s a FREE 20-part course and email newsletter that delivers the techniques and strategies you need to know as an online marketer.
Links from the Show:
- Free Internet Marketing for Smart People Email Course
- PubCon Social Media and Search Marketing Conference
- 3 Steps to Foolish Online Advertising
- The Harpoon or the Net: What’s the Right Copy Approach for Your Prospects?
About the Author: Robert Bruce is Copyblogger Media’s Chief Copywriter and Resident Recluse.