A comment from one of our blog readers sparked some thoughts…
A reader left a great question as a blog post comment, and the answer took us to some fundamentals about the role of content on our sites.
In this 17-minute episode, I talk about:
- Why I’m not a fan of “monetizing” your site
- Why simple questions and answers will only take your content so far
- The crucial question that will give you tons of new content ideas
- How to focus more clearly on the right people for your site (and forget the wrong ones)
- What makes sites “sticky” and engaging for customers
Listen to Copyblogger FM: Content Marketing, Copywriting, Freelance Writing, and Social Media Marketing below ...
Does the Web Have Enough Patience for Your In-Depth Content?Sonia Simone
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- JD’s site, AdoboHamburger.com
- Stefanie’s post How to Turn One Content Idea into a Fascinating Four-Part Series
- Google’s official post on featured snippets in search
- Brian’s “Who post” on How to Attract Your Ideal Customer with Perfectly Positioned Content
- My podcast on How to Attract the Exact Customers You Want
- My Copyblogger post on how to think about internet trolls
- A post I wrote for Remarkable Communication on the advantages of being thoughtful about who you attract to your business
- I’m always happy to see your questions or thoughts on Twitter @soniasimone — or right here in the comments!
Michael LaRocca says
Welcome to another exciting episode of “the incredible shrinking attention span.” Huh? What? Did you say something? I turned my hearing aid off.