Has the “influencer bubble” really burst? Maybe, but … probably not
This week I’m talking about some real-life lessons any business owner or marketer can learn from a very public marketing fail.
Instagram personality Arii shows 2.6 million followers … but couldn’t sell 36 t-shirts. Is this the beginning of the end for influencer marketing … or just a lack of a solid business model?
In this 18-minute episode, I talk about:
- Why more engagement wouldn’t have helped Arii move a significant number of t-shirts
- Why building a brand wasn’t the answer, either
- The essential business ingredient that was missing in Arii’s offer
- Why “know, like, and trust” isn’t enough for any business
- Why there’s no such thing as a copywriting formula that just consists of the letter A
The Show Notes
- My Copyblogger post about four elements of a high-converting offer
- My post on why getting attention won’t make you rich
- Here’s where to learn more about Copyblogger’s courses on business and marketing
- If you’re interested in help with the copywriting and content strategy around your product or service, here’s how you can work one-on-one with Sonia Simone