Want to do a little bit of work and see really good results with your content? Make some time to learn about crafting great headlines.
Copyblogger has long been known for its articles about headlines, and today I’m going to share three “nearly magic” ingredients that will start getting your content more engagement and shares.
In this 19-minute episode, I talk about:
- How to avoid the “all hat, no cattle” headline
- The keys to using benefits to make a compelling promise
- How to use numbers in your headlines without degenerating into the dreaded “listicle”
- Using headline formulas without descending into the land of cheese
- What you should do if you use the word “secret” in your headline
Listen to Copyblogger FM below ...
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- Help yourself to our How to Write Magnetic Headlines ebook by Brian Clark, with a bonus chapter by Dean Rieck. It’s full of useful advice, including lots of structures you can use for your own headlines. It’s free with your registration to MyCopyblogger
- Brian Clark’s Copyblogger post about real and fake benefits
- My Copyblogger post about The 7 Keys to List Posts that are Worth Writing (and Reading)
- I’m always happy to see your questions or thoughts on Twitter @soniasimone — or right here in the comments 🙂