Content sharing is the great “free ride” of 2018. You get more people looking at your stuff, and you don’t have to pay a dime for it. But you do need to set your content up for sharing success.
Optimizing your content to share is a great, cost-effective way to grow your audience and expand your network. But creating shareable content goes beyond “make it good.”
In this 18-minute episode, I talk about:
- 5 ways to make the “second customer” more likely to share your work
- Why “more eyeballs” can be a dangerous goal
- Where to look if you can’t find receptive influencers in your topic
- The factors that create an immediate positive impression for your content
- Some pros and cons to keep in mind when you’re considering adding a pop-up to your content
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- My Copyblogger post on scoring more traffic, subscribers, and buyers by discovering your second customer
- Pamela Wilson on 6 Simple Ways to Make a Good First Impression Online
- My podcast on Three almost Magical Ingredients for Better Headlines
- If you haven’t checked out our content marketing library yet, one of the must-reads is the Copyblogger ebook on magnetic headlines
- If you need to sharpen up your content goals, check out this post on 10 content marketing goals worth pursuing
- Feel free to say hi or ask a question over on LinkedIn @soniasimone — or I always enjoy hearing from you right here in the comments 🙂