Think marketing is evil? Only if you’re doing it right …
Every once in awhile, I run across someone who hates me, my job, my website, and my company, because after all, marketing is intrinsically interesting.
In this 9-minute episode, I share my favorite techniques for enslaving the wills of others to sell your products and services:
- The essential evil technique that you must not overcomplicate
- The important difference between “evil” and “lame evil”
- Why the pursuit of true evil requires high standards
- The two secret trigger words that are too powerful to even speak on this podcast (link below)
- The most powerful evil technique of them all
Listen to Copyblogger FM: Content Marketing, Copywriting, Freelance Writing, and Social Media Marketing below ...
7 Ways to Improve Your Marketing by Harnessing the Power of EvilSonia Simone
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- Here’s the post this podcast was self-plagiarized from: Dr. Evil’s 7 Tips for Achieving Worldwide Marketing Domination
- Here’s the link to the two dangerous words. Be careful. The Two Most Important Words in Blogging, Persuasion, and Copywriting
- Get lots more evil (for free!) by signing up for My Copyblogger
- More on how to use the terrifying power of the call to action
- Brian Clark shares the unspeakable marketing secret enshrined in Click Here
- I’m always happy to see your questions or thoughts on Twitter @soniasimone — or right here in the comments 🙂
Rachel L says
Hehe! I’m glad you plagiarized this from yourself, since I have never read the original! Very clever and funny.
I particularly enjoyed listening to it since I am at this very moment sitting at my desk, where I make web advertisements, creating CTA’s and taglines for clients, so they can persuade people to click and buy.
I’m pretty much okay with being evil, as it turns out.
Madison Woods says
Enjoyed this episode and couldn’t wait to come find the link for the two words.