There’s a huge volume of content marketing advice out there — but most of it only applies to certain sites. Pamela Wilson joins us to talk about “content lifecyles” of websites, and how to know precisely what to focus on for your site, depending on where you are today.
Our one-time colleague Pamela Wilson literally wrote the book on content marketing — and she’s followed that up with a new book about mastering content strategy.
In this 25-minute episode, Pamela and I talk about:
- The natural lifecycles that websites go through, and how to know where you are today.
- Some recommendations for content-focused sites in the “middle years” (not too big and not too small)
- Dealing with the intimidation factor when developing a content strategy
The Show Notes
- Pamela has been one of Copyblogger’s most prolific and popular writers. You can see her posts here: Copyblogger posts by Pamela Wilson.
- Her new book is called Master Content Strategy. It’s available in all the usual formats, wherever you like to buy books.
- You might also want to pick up Pamela’s companion book, Master Content Marketing