Prospects need to be at the right stage of awareness before they can move forward with a purchase. And content marketing is a superb way to get them there.
Today, I touch on some specific ways that content marketing can pave the way for excellent conversion.
In this 18-minute episode, I talk about:
- How strategic content can move people at various stages of awareness toward a purchase.
- Specific recommendations for different stages of buyer awareness.
- How to structure content for people who are just learning about a topic.
- How to handle the “last mile” of your customer’s purchase.
- Why content marketers should consider owning more of the copy for the customer journey.
The Show Notes
- You can get a text version of this episode on Copyblogger: How to Use Content Marketing to Develop Your Audience’s Stages of Awareness
- My Copyblogger post on conversion-oriented content marketing
- Paul Long’s post for Smartblogger on the basics of GDPR
- My Copyblogger post on the right way to think about Google, and why smart SEO today is a long game.