How to stand out in a sea of boring content? It might be time to get stinky …
Content marketing only works if your content is interesting enough to make people want to read, listen to, or watch it.
So how can we make our content more fascinating? You can start by thinking about what gets your audience excited to know more. In this 24-minute episode, I talk about:
- Why you want to aim for content that’s “stinky and irresistible”
- The old-school technique that makes your audience want to know more about you
- How to decide what kind of headline structure will work best for your site
- Two keys to telling effective stories in your content
- The “cubicle test” that makes you unforgettable for your audience
- What a fake cartoon character can show you about commanding audience attention
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why more than 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details.
- Brian Clark’s post on fascinating bullet points
- Robert Bruce’s post with yet more bullet point advice
- My podcast episode on 13 Ways of Looking at a Headline, with lots of models you can use to keep things fresh
- My post on 7 Steps to Grow a Blog Post
- My post that opens with an emotionally resonant story: Is it Finally Time for You to Step Up?
- My wise friend Bill O’Hanlon’s book, Do One Thing Different
- Fake Grimlock’s Copyblogger post: BECAUSE AWESOME!
- I’m always happy to see your questions or thoughts on Twitter @soniasimone — or right here in the comments 🙂