Busting social media marketing myths with Social Media Lab’s Scott Ayres.
Social media marketing is one of those topics that invites a lot of lore: snippets of advice that get passed around that don’t really match up with objective reality.
AgoraPulse thought this was a great opportunity, and they launched the Social Media Lab podcast. They spend $15,000 a month (or more) running experiments to find out what really works.
In this 33-minute episode, I talk with their co-host Scott Ayres about some of SML’s findings, including:
- The reality behind Facebook’s “penalty” for third-party posting tools
- The right number of Instagram hashtags to use … and the right spot to place them
- The most effective content format for LinkedIn (freelance writers, you need to know about this)
- How the much-hyped Instagram Carousel actually performs
- The ridiculously powerful Facebook feature you might not be using yet
The Show Notes
- Sign up here if you’d like details about our new “small but mighty” checklist to help you publish great content every time
- Check out the Social Media Lab podcast for more experiments and results
- You may want to check out the AgoraPulse tool (not an affiliate link)
- Feel free to say hi or ask a question over on LinkedIn @soniasimone — or I always enjoy hearing from you right here in the comments 🙂