I remember sitting in Mr. Burgerwinner’s calculus class thinking, “Oh man, I am totally hosed.”
Maybe for you it was that time you brought your first child home from the hospital. No nurse, no buzzer, just you and … her.
What’s the common thread here? Frustration. Mystery. Terror.
A thick fog of FUD.
Sometimes, we simply have no clue how to proceed. Everybody is offering advice, and a part of us just wants to throw in the towel.
Working out a basic search engine optimization plan can seem like that. But it’s not like that. It’s actually a very simple thing to get your head around — once you know what you’re dealing with.
In the next twenty-six minutes, we’ll tell you how …
In this episode Brian and I discuss:
- What SEO is, and why you’re in the game whether you like it or not
- A way to think about Google that will make your SEO goals crystal clear
- The three all-important ingredients of all good (and ethical) SEO
- What your automatic SEO starting point has to be
- The old-school, shoe leather way Brian attracted links when nobody knew who he was
- The only digital social status that matters now
Hit the flash player below to listen now:
Other listening options:
- Click here to download the mp3 | 31.2 MB | 25:57
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
- Click here for the show archive
Want to discover the smartest ways to mix social media, content marketing, and SEO? We’ve got you covered with Internet Marketing for Smart People. It’s a FREE 20-part course and email newsletter that delivers the techniques and strategies you need to know as an online marketer.
Links from the Show:
- Check out the new Scribe video tour
- How to Create Compelling Content that Ranks Well in Search Engines
- The Google “Farmer” Update
- David Armano on the Future of Search — Social vs. Keyword
- The Genesis Framework for WordPress
About the Author: Robert Bruce is Copyblogger Media’s Chief Copywriter and Resident Recluse.